Year 5 pupils enjoying the french picnic
• To develop a positive attitude to language learning and to foster a love of French.
• To build up the necessary vocabulary, grammatical knowledge and skills needed to understand and respond to French at appropriate levels.
• To provide a sound basis for continuing language study at 11+, 13+ and beyond.
• To develop a range of skills including dictionary use, ICT and learning strategies.
• To provide opportunities to work systematically, creatively and independently.
• To broaden knowledge of the World through awareness of life and culture in France and other French speaking countries.
• To maximise each child’s potential by using a wide variety of teaching techniques in a purposeful and enjoyable learning environment.
Year 6 taking part in the French Fashion Show
Role play in Spanish Club
Language learning is enchanced through song, games and rhymes. Grammatical and phonetic rules are gradually introduced along with language topics. French lesson contain activities which are fun and active, where our children can explore language creatively.